What Do We Discuss?
- Well that wasn’t pretty viewing to say the least...what did the lads make of Saturday’s performance (or lack of) against Bournemouth?
- Two goals conceded from set pieces - how much of a concern should that be?
- What can be made of the lack of a visible game plan from Steven Gerrard and his coaching staff? Has anything really changed from last season?
- Should we treat this loss as an isolated incident or could this be an early sign of a much bigger issue that has the potential to worsen over time?
- Trying to make sense of Gerrard’s comment about Tyrone Mings - how have we gotten to this point and does this leave a sour taste in fans’ mouths?
- No need to worry about the “Gerrard Out!” train yet, but are the snappy comments and changing demeanor from the Villa boss a major concern at this point?
- The lads briefly look ahead to Everton on the weekend - can we muster up any sort of confidence heading into the first home game of the new Premier League season?
- All of this and so much more! Enjoy the podcast and Up The Villa!
Cole Pettem: @TalkAstonVilla
Tom Nightingale: @tdnightingale
Thank you to our charity partner, Acorns Children’s Hopsice.
Donate today to support a fantastic charity: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/villa
Where Can I Listen?
We’ve made it nice and simple for all of you amazing listeners.
Otherwise, just type in ‘Holtecast’ into your search engine - simple as that.
Feel free to subscribe, like, follow, and share the podcast. Thank you for listening!