AVTV is back and this year it comes with graphics!
Let’s start with the basic info.
- If a game is scheduled for television broadcast AVTV cannot show video. Knowing that off the top will help clarify some of the confusion.
- No full match replays will be posted (writer’s note: BOOOOOO!).
- Prices are listed below — do the math to see what is best for you.
- If you signed up last year there is no automatic renewal.
- AVTV does not work through any streaming platforms (Chromecast, Apple TV, ect). Must be used through a computer.
- Season ticket holders no longer get an audio subscription included. Club says that is due to EFL regulations.
Everything else is all location based — so I’m going to split this up.
UK, Ireland & Channel Isles
There are going to be select midweek matches that are made available through AVTV. Once again — these are matches that are not on TV anywhere in the world. Before you complain to the club about the hefty price tag — £10 was set up as the minimum price by the EFL.
What games can you expect? “Any games played outside of blocked hours (not between 14:45 – 17:15 on a Saturday) and not shown by Sky Sports will be available to watch for domestic fans. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming.”
This is a nice list to be on! If you are located (or your computer thinks you are located) in a country on the list — congratulations for an extra price you get to break the one rule of AVTV I listed at the top. Television broadcast does not matter to you — you get to watch all 46 matches live.
The rest of the world — you are did not make the plus list. Don’t take it personally. For a cheaper price you can access to the matches that are not shown on television. Obviously Sky gets to determine that and I’m certain will do everything in their power not to inconvenient you with their decisions (this is not an accurate statement).
If you are radio lover — things are easy. Audio is always available to everyone, regardless of location, for every match.