We look a bit new and fresh here at 7500 to Holte, and things are going on behind the scenes. Due to work commitments, our dear leader - Robert Lintott has had to step down for a while. He’ll still be around, but he can’t be a leader anymore. However, that means that myself and Elis get to do whatever we want, and now we can commit to a daily news roundup!
As for the name? We wanted to do something named after Dalian Atkinson for so long - something fun, something Villa. Dalian? It’s the ‘daily ‘un’ - your Villa news and links for the day. Something to build a community around.
Have your coffee and tea and enjoy this!
- We discussed why we support and love Aston Villa.
- The Birmingham Mail for some reason decided to stalk every single player out of contract in the Championship to see who Villa could sign on a freebie.
- Jack Grealish has sorted his behaviour out and has got himself a call up to England’s U21 team!
- Meanwhile, James Chester has been called up to play for Wales against Serbia.
- Ross McCormack might have fixed his gates, so he’s patching things up with Bruce.
- Finally, Villa are set to be the bane of Barnsley fans once more as they make a bid for the man who replace Hourihane as captain.
AVFC Pic of the Day:
Villa will play Watford in respect to this man in the pre-season.
- Garry Monk only went and ditched Leeds.
- Someone out there will drop £50 million on Ross Barkley.
- Manchester United and Manchester City donated a combined £1m to a fund setup to support victims of the Manchester bombing.
It’s not all about us - we want to hear from you. Specifically, let us know in the comments or on Twitter about which player you’d like to see Villa sign this coming transfer window. Realistically, of course.