Don't worry, I've knocked on every piece of wood within reach. But the Third Round draw for the League Cup will be tonight following the end of tonight's matches in the second round. The draw will be part of Sky Sports coverage of Luton Town vs. Stoke tonight.
All things working to the better, you can expect to know who will face whom by about 10 PM. Unlike in the second round there is no seeding in this draw, so anyone can face anyone else. Of course, Aston Villa haven't actually made it to the third round yet, but should they manage to do so this evening, they will be ball number 1.
Joining the draw in this round are the remaining Premier League clubs involved in European play. That means that Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Southampton, Tottenham, and West Ham will all be included for the first time this year.
Here are all of the pertinent details for this evening's event:
What: Capital One Cup/League Cup second round draw
When: Tuesday, August 25, after the conclusion of round two ties (approx. 9:50 PM BST)
How to follow: You can watch the draw on Sky Sports or follow along on the Capital One Cup twitter account or Facebook page. Assumign Villa win, the official Aston Villa account will also likely have the news.
- Aston Villa/Notts County
- Walsall/Brighton & Hove Albion
- Crystal Palace/Shrewsbury Town
- Sheffield Wednesday/Oxford United
- Hartlepool United/Bournemouth
- Fulham/Sheffield United
- MK Dons/Cardiff City
- Hull City/Rochdale
- Sunderland/Exeter City
- Bury/Leicester City
- Doncaster Rovers/Ipswich Town
- Rotherham United/Norwich City
- Swansea City/York City
- QPR/Carlisle United
- Peterborough United/Charlton Athletic
- Birmingham City/Gillingham
- Newcastle United/Northampton Town
- West Bromwich Albion/Port Vale
- Wolverhampton Wanderers/Barnet
- Burton Albion/Middlesbrough
- Luton Town/Stoke City
- Preston North End/Watford
- Manchester City
- Manchester United
- Tottenham Hotspur
- West Ham United