Thanks to Birmingham Mail reporter (and friend of the blog) Mat Kendrick paying a visit to Notts County, we have some new information on promising youngster Jack Grealish. In his article today, he reviewed the team's most recent match and got some supporter's opinions on our on-loan winger.
Grealish has made 37 appearances for the Magpies, starting 31 times. Scoring five times and assisting another six, he has had a pretty productive season. Only 18 years old, the left winger has been comfortable in a 4-4-2 formation, but I think he would fit in just as well in a 4-3-3. Right now, he is being scouted heavily by half a dozen Championship sides hoping to secure his services for next season, as well as Gordon Cowans checking on his progress regularly.
Surely he will feature in the pre-season, but hopefully Lambert (or whoever the manager is come August) gives Grealish a fair shake at cracking the first team. If he is not good enough, then a loan to the Championship is fine, but the tricky winger would provide a spark that has been missing from the Villa team as of late.
- Sylla sees problem exists, still not aware that it’s him
- Texas Rangers deny Villa takeover, but what about Astros?
- Malaga midfielder linked to Villa Park for absurd sum
- Homegrown winger eager to stay with Villa, hasn't heard from club
- Aston Villa won't turn things around until they learn the right lessons from their futility