Assuming captain Ron Vlaar and Ryan Bertrand fail their late fitness tests, Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert will have to make at least a few changes from what would seem to be his best lineup as of late. Lambert has been off and on as of late with his tactics, and seeing as tomorrows match away at Cardiff is seen by most everyone as a must-win, lets hope he gets them right tomorrow. Essentially this fixture could be classified as a "relegation six-pointer" with both sides needing a victory to inch closer to Premier League survival in the 2013-14 campaign.
Cardiff generally line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation. They will be missing Craig Bellamy due to a suspension, but Wilfried Zaha should slot into his place at right wing/attacking midfield in the starting lineup. Zaha, in my opinion, is a more threatening attacking option for the Welsh side.
Villa seem to be lacking desire in the midfield department lately, so I elected to shake things up in that area. If I were making the team selection tomorrow, this is the lineup I'd go with.
As always, comment with the team you would choose if it differs from mine.
- Podcast - Recapping Villa's West Ham debacle, the trip to Cardiff, and a stupid rumour
- Lambert set for contract talks with player he's only just remembered
- The Aston Villa players that got away
- Instant reaction to shambolic Villa performance against West Ham
- Aston Villa vs. West Ham, lineups and open match thread