Aston Villa will be clearing up their logjam at striker by making a move that does absolutely nothing to clear their logjam at striker. 22-year-old Nathan Delfouneso will be joining Coventry City on loan until the end of the season. He will hopefully get plenty of playing time with the League One side as he tries to help them improve on their current standing of 11th in the league. Delfouneso may have slipped to the fringes of your consciousness because he hasn't played for Aston Villa in quite a while, instead spending the first half of the season on loan at Championship team Blackpool, where he has had 11 appearances (3 as a starter and the other 8 as a sub).
Delfouneso is one of those players who looks to have oodles of potential, but has never really shown it on the pitch. He's a home-grown product for Aston Villa who doesn't cost the team too much, so it behooves them to give him every chance they can. In that light, the loan move seems perfect, and perhaps getting playing time in a low-pressure situation will help him develop some. It'd be nice to see Aston Villa get a striker up through the youth system, so let's all hope this works splendidly.
- Everton give Villa some more good news
- Instant reaction Aston Villa win over West Brom in 7-goal thriller
- Aston Villa vs. West Bromwich Albion, lineups and open match thread
- Aston Villa face what could be a season defining challenge against West Brom
- Holtecast - Preview of AVFC-WBA, with injuries, lineups, betting, and predictions