I've not got a ton of time for a recap today, so at Kirsten's suggestion, allow me to take you through the match using the magic of tweet. Long story short: Villa played insipid football in the first half and average football in the second, but were unable to score against a team with a -25 goal differential. But hey, at least it was a clean sheet!
Through the magic of Storify you can now re-live the match. Let us know what you thought of Villa's performance in the comments!
- Podcast - Recapping Villa's West Ham debacle, the trip to Cardiff, and a stupid rumour
- The Aston Villa players that got away
- Aston Villa face yet another fork-in-the-road moment against Cardiff City
- Aston Villa vs. Cardiff City: Tactical Preview
- Lambert set for contract talks with player he's only just remembered