Aston Villa have secured their second signing of the season and guess what -- it's a defender! Jose Mourinho announced in his press conference that left back Ryan Bertrand will join Villa for the remainder of the season on loan.
The 24 year old has been at Chelsea since his youth days, starting his senior career with the Blues in 2006. He's spent time at other sides on loan, including Bournemouth, Norwich and Reading. Oh, and we should probably mentioned that he started for Chelsea when they won the Champions League a couple seasons back, and he's earned two caps for England.
Not bad. Nothing terribly spectacular, but right now, almost anyone brought in at the back is going to be an upgrade. We'll have more details soon.
- Holtecast Podcast: Grant Holt, January transfer, Liverpool, and more
- With Holt in, Villa may be sending a striker out on loan
- Aston Villa will be without two key players for Liverpool match
- Trying to find the good in Holt: a stats-based look at Villa's newest player
- VOTE: Who do you want to see Aston Villa bring in?