Some Villa fans would do well to get priorities straight

Clive Mason

The Birmingham Mail did a survey to see what Aston Villa fans would most like the club to achieve next season. The results suggest that Villa fans may be a bit petty.

So the Birmingham Mail did as they are wont to do at the end of a season, and did a quick survey of fans. I'm not sure how many people took the survey, but the results are fascinating to look at. But the one result I want to look at is one that the Mail themselves noticed. When fans were asked what they would most like Villa to achieve next season, the top answer (with 36.3%) was "Win the FA cup." Well, that's an admirable goal, I'd say. So I assume that "win the League Cup" or "finish in the top ____" would be next.

But nope. Coming in at second place, with 20.2% of the vote, was "Finish higher than West Bromwich Albion."

Wait, wait, wait. 20.2% of you were asked "What would you most like Villa to achieve next season," and you decided that "17th is fine, so long as the Baggies are 18th." I've got to go to my gif trunk here to properly answer that 20.2% of you.

Tumblr_li2c69qngn1qgnsnbo1_500

via 25.media.tumblr.com

You could win the league! You could qualify for Europe! You could even have the honest-to-God realistic expectation of "Hey, it'd be great to win the largely-meaningless-but-still-a-trophy-and-a-spot-in-Europe League Cup." And you choose to do better than our fierce local rival The Albion? The people who named their team after the address on the envelopes you can send them in the post? You know, West Bromwich, Albion. The people who get bent out of shape if you refer to it as "an Albion" (which, by the way, is the only accepted nomenclature on this site)? THAT is your goal, your dream, your highest aspiration for the season?

Tumblr_min1uhyzbe1s5lf2ro1_400_medium

via 25.media.tumblr.com

Admittedly, this means that 79.8% of you are sane folk. But for the other 20.2%, don't you all remember that WBA aren't out biggest rival? Birmingham City are. And guess what.

WE FINISH ABOVE THEM EVERY YEAR THAT THEY REMAIN IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Tumblr_m72xoknlao1r2jww2_medium

via media.tumblr.com

To most of you who read this site, I am preaching to the choir. But if you're part of the 20.2% (WE ARE THE DIMWITS!)... get a stinking life. Because you know what? You all sound like West Brom fans.


X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join 7500 To Holte

You must be a member of 7500 To Holte to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at 7500 To Holte. You should read them.

Join 7500 To Holte

You must be a member of 7500 To Holte to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at 7500 To Holte. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9353_tracker