Here in the United States, today is Thanksgiving. Canada already had theirs in October, and I don't think England has one, but it's a holiday that should be able to transcend national boundaries. Aside from eating far too much food--turkey, stuffing, pie, potatoes, and more--one of the traditions of Thanksgiving is doing just what the name implies: going around the table and enumerating the things for which you're thankful.
And Aston Villa, despite frustrating us sometimes, has given us here at 7500 to Holte plenty to be thankful for. I asked our writers what would be on their list, and here are their responses:
I am thankful for:
Paul Lambert re-signing Brad Guzan.
- Jores Okore's Twitter account.
- Being able to unfollow Andreas Weimann's Twitter account.
- Stan Petrov's recovery.
- Villa not being popular enough to play in featured matches, meaning I can watch everything On Demand at a reasonable hour.
- Fabian Delph managing to make me look really dumb.
- That we didn't lose Benteke this past summer
- How Lambert's imports are looking a lot better this year (Vlaar, KEA)
- The fact that the defense is becoming somewhat reliable
- Andy Marshall's absurdity being on display on Twitter. (#DORKINS)
- That international breaks are done for a while and can't stop any momentum Villa are able to build, like the last three have
- Paul Lambert not being Alex McCleish and the general watch-ability of Villa
- Aston Villa not being in a relegation dogfight
- Andi Weimann's goal celebration
- The fact that this team is actually often fun to watch again
- The chance to share the
fun terrorexperience of Aston Villa with so many people, thanks to this blog