Well, seeing as Paul Lambert is likely headed to Villa, it's time for me to start cracking wise about our maybe, possibly, soon-to-be manager. I did a different style of this when we hired Gerard Houllier, and didn't with Alex McLeish. I think it's clear to see that if I lampoon the new gaffer, Villa will do pretty well, and if I don't Villa will be terrible.
So, in the name of public service, allow me to present the worst Paul Lambert jokes I could think of. Feel free to throw virtual tomatoes in the comments.
- Hopefully Villa can overcome the historical problems of the lions laying with the Lambert!
- I'm glad Lambert resigned his position with Norwich City, putting a canary in this coalmine would be disastrous!
- I hear that Norwich City fans were ap-Paul-ed at Lamberts departure! (Thanks for that one, Gareth!)
- Don't let Lambert cast a Paul over the season. Things are looking up for Villa!
- Let's hope the purple snake doesn't get to him!
- Considering Villa's recent history with managers, let's hope that Paul isn't on the Lambert come next May!
- Paul Lambert jokes? More like Paul Lame-bert jokes.
Let's hear your best in the comments. They can't be worse than these.