Well good morning. I didn't see you while I was busy battening down the hatches here. It seems the world has thrown a bit of a curveball at some of us here at 7500 this week. Emile Heskey scored. The earth shook. Kirsten missed out on her morning coffee. And the winds, they will blow. But before we can have locusts and frogs, we've got a bit of Aston Villa news to get to. Transfers may be happening! Mick McCarthy, the most unflappable man alive, is shocked! Austrians are headed to Watford! All this, and more, in the Friday links!
- In the biggest news of the day, Luke Young looks to be headed to QPR, this according to every news source in the universe. I don't love the idea of losing Luke Young (more accurately, losing a defender from an already thin part of the team), but it would allow Aston Villa to perhaps bring another player in. Rumor has it that Alex McLeish's target is Tottenham defender Alan Hutton. If he's coming to play defense, I think it wouldn't be terrible. If not, be prepared for Kirsten-rage. We'll have more if and when this deal happens.
- In more team movement, Andreas Weimann will be going to Watford until early January on a loan. This is an idea I really like, as it would be good to give players who are going to sit around a chance at some first-team experience. And the best part? Assuming he plays in the first match he will be eligible for, he'll be facing the Scum. What better training could be ask for a future Villa regular? Build that hatred Andy!
- Wolverhampton Wolves manager Mick McCarthy was interviewed about Alex McLeish's move to Aston Villa, and admitted his shock at the Scot's move to replace Gerard Houllier. It's a pretty interesting and quick read. Who knew they were such good friends?
- Stiliyan Petrov has said some awfully nice things about Gabriel Agbonlahor ahead of the match this weekend. The two things to note here: Gabby has scored 6 goals in his last 12 derbies, and apparently Petrov was purring over Gabs. I'll let you enjoy that mental image.
- Be sure to let us know where you think the club's priorities ought to be in this week's Friday Feedback.
- Finally, here's a chance to see Mat Kendrick in video format! He takes some time to discuss the transfer rumors of the week and the upcoming match against Wolves.
Well that's it for the week. If you're on the East Coast of the US, please stay safe. If you're elsewhere, enjoy the weekend and we'll hopefully see you in the gamethread tomorrow morning.